Frequently Asked Questions - Penn State Atlanta
You asked. We answered.
- Do I need to be a Penn State alumnus in order to be a Chapter member?
No. Any supporter of Penn State can become a member regardless of their previous affiliations with other educational institutions.
- Do I need to live or work in Atlanta in order to be a member?
No. Membership is not limited to residents of Atlanta. However, a vast majority of our chapter events occur in metro-Atlanta area.
- I am a member of national Penn State Alumni Association. Does this make me a member of the Atlanta Chapter?
Yes, with the recent migration to the 'One Membership" model, you are a member of the chapter closest to where you live if you are a member of the national Penn State Alumni Association.
- I am a member of the Nittany Lion Club. Does this make me a member of the Chapter?
Only if you are also a member of the national Penn State Alumni Association.
- I want to get involved but do not want to responsibility of a officer/board position. What can I do?
We are always looking for volunteers to assist our chapter. If you are interested in lending a helping hand by joining a committee, please contact the chapter president at email@example.com.
- I want to offer a benefit or discount to your members. How may I do so?
If you have a valuable benefit or discount that you would like to extend to our members, please contact the President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where does the chapter hold its football watch parties?
Penn State Atlanta's official viewing location is The Brass Tap - Perimeter, 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd. NE, Atlanta. Any questions regarding viewing parties, please forward to email@example.com.
- You have an idea for a great Penn State Atlanta event. Who should you contact?
Please feel free to contact our Social VP via firstname.lastname@example.org.