Diamonds Over Georgia Pediatric Cancer Philanthropy
A Charity for Conquering Childhood Cancer
Diamonds Over Georgia is committed to conquering childhood cancer by raising awareness, providing financial assistance, and supporting the fundraising efforts of Penn State Dance Marathon (THON) which benefits Four Diamonds, through our annual gala and year-round fundraising. We also support CURE Childhood Cancer in Atlanta. These organizations aid and assist families whose children have been diagnosed with pediatric cancer and other serious childhood illnesses, along with supporting critical cancer research.
The annual Diamonds Over Georgia Gala was conceived by members of the Atlanta Chapter of the Penn State Alumni Association as a way to maintain a connection to THON and continue fundraising for Four Diamonds after graduation. Because cancer doesn’t care what school you went to or what state you live in, all of our events are open to everyone – not just Penn State alumni.
Did you know….
- Every day, 43 children in the US are diagnosed with cancer, and more children die from cancer than any other disease.
- Pediatric cancer research is consistently underfunded. Less than 4% of the federal budget for cancer research is dedicated to childhood cancer.
- 2/3 of childhood cancer survivors experience at least one late side effect, which includes heart attack, stroke, liver failure, infertility, learning and development disabilities, vision loss, hearing loss, and osteoporosis.
- 1 in 5 children diagnosed with cancer will not survive.
- $300 buys a wig for a child who has lost their hair due to treatment.
Together, with your help, we can make a difference.